Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter riding.....
Thumbs Up 
Anyone else riding/training despite the weather?
I'm up to roughly 550miles for the year.....60% on the Gym Wattbike the rest outside Confused Not the best weather for it but have had a couple of decent rides,albeit a tad chilly Undecided 
Not regretting selling the Smart Trainer and Bike Cool
I don't think I've been out this year except for 10 miles last Sunday when the weather stopped!!

Not sure if I made it in December either.... This Sunday was looking good but now looks shite again Sad
I did some zwifting and a couple of Sunday rides in January and 4 days of riding in Mallorca last week. total of almost 700miles so far.
(02-27-2020, 10:45 AM)Ports Wrote: I did some zwifting and a couple of Sunday rides in January and 4 days of riding in Mallorca last week. total of almost 700miles so far.
Going back to Mallorca in May and possibly August. 
May is a week of full on riding,August is with family so will possibly hire a bike if it’s not too hot!
Love the riding there Cool
Been in the Garage zwifting all winter as our lanes are normally flooded n covered with mud n shite. 
At 600 miles so far. 😋 
Roll on summer.
(02-27-2020, 12:09 PM)100%JR Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 10:45 AM)Ports Wrote: I did some zwifting and a couple of Sunday rides in January and 4 days of riding in Mallorca last week. total of almost 700miles so far.
Going back to Mallorca in May and possibly August. 
May is a week of full on riding,August is with family so will possibly hire a bike if it’s not too hot!
Love the riding there Cool
Both Mallorca trips cancelled Angry
On the bright side though at least it seems to be warming/drying up here Cool
Sod's law - sun comes out tomorrow......

I may pop out for a short run on Sunday - one of our cafe's has outside seating and is doing a 'drive in' service so may eat my cake outside
At least the roads should be quieter Big Grin

I'm off to Clumber Park(Sherwood Forest) on the CX bike sometime next week.It's usually quiet away from the Visitor Centre anyway but I reckon it'll be bliss now Cool Cool
I was managing to get out quite regularly until 2 Feb when some Muppet pedestrian walked out in front of me, taking me out completely. That little sturtz cost me just over 2 months until the bruising cleared. Back up and running now since 5 April and managing a few weekday rides as well as Sundays. Oh! no damage to the bike BTW.
The Covid lockdown has severely restricted my business since most of my customers are now working from home and they are too far out of the city (Leeds) for me to service. Hence lots of dead time to fill and what better way than on the bike?
Sorry to hear about your accident,bloody peds Angry 
I've noticed lots of peds and poor cyclists the last few weeks.Must be due to C-19?
Looks like "Winter" could be behind us now.I was actually out in short sleeves/bib shorts/finger-less gloves earlier this week Exclamation
Weather looking good for tomorrow so the Canyon is making it's 2020 debut.This should be it's last year as my Summer bike before the Lynskey takes over.